Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tete-e-tete with Jr. Bachchan

From a hero who tanked at the box office to KANK, Abhishekshek Bachchan has come a very long way indeed. Aby's baby chats up with our correspondent Autreyee Choudhury about his next big projects and more.

TN : Are you a woman's guy?

Abhishek : I'd like to be. I hope I am. I strive to be if you are asking me if I am like Rishi Talwar - my character in KANK, I'd like to be.

TN : KANK is a mature love story. Do you think Indian audiences are finally ready to accept sex and extra marital affair as a fact?

Abhishek : Coming from the civilization that gave birth to Kamasutra, I don’t think we've been alien to the concept. Indian audience have always accepted a good film - it's not what story you tell, it's how well you tell it.

TN : Personally, do you agree with an extra marital affair?

Abhishek : No I don't.

TN : In KANK, your father plays kind of a raunchy character?

Abhishek : Raunchy? I will be sure to tell him you called him raunchy (smiles).

TN : He's playing a very open minded character, but there is a certain section of his fans who are offended or who've got mixed response

Abhishek : You will have to ask me, he has not said any such thing to me but I think he's done a wonderful job once again.

TN : You’ve two films coming up - Dhoom II and Umrao Jaan. One is more of a guys' film, macho and the other one is a little mellow. Which role was more comfortable for you?

Abhishek : They both are great fun, I don’t think any role is easy to perform and I would not want to do a role which is easy. I've enjoyed doing both films immensely.

TN : But which image are you more comfortable with?

Abhishek : Neither, I am just happy with the Big B standing in the background.

TN : You're also doing Guru with Mani Ratnam. Considering, Yuva with Mani was a turning point in your career, now has there been a change in equation with Mani Ratnam?

Abhishek : No, it hasn't changed, it's the same. Mani is a genius and according to me he's one of the most talented directors we have and it's an honour to work with him. I was blessed to be given another opportunity to work with him. I am really excited about Guru and am looking forward to its release.

TN : Between you and your father, you have endorsed many products. Have you left anything at all for the other stars?

Abhishek : There is no competition. I do the work that is offered to me.

Source: Times Now

No comments: